Ingat bahawa Cancer cures SMOKING iaitu akan menyembuhkan ketagihan kita merokok.
Nilailah sendiri :
Worldwide, between 80,000 and 100,000 kids start smoking every day. Approximately one quarter of children alive in the Western Pacific Region* will die from smoking.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has compiled worldwide smoking statistics for the year 2002. The smoking facts and stats presented are sobering.
28 May 2002
GLOBAL SMOKING STATISTICS
• About a third of the male adult global population smokes.
• Smoking related-diseases kill one in 10 adults globally, or cause four million deaths. By 2030, if current trends continue, smoking will kill one in six people.
• Every eight seconds, someone dies from tobacco use.
• Smoking is on the rise in the developing world but falling in developed nations. Among Americans, smoking rates shrunk by nearly half in three decades (from the mid-1960s to mid-1990s), falling to 23% of adults by 1997. In the developing world, tobacco consumption is rising by 3.4% per year.
• About 15 billion cigarettes are sold daily - or 10 million every minute.
• About 12 times more British people have died from smoking than from World War II.
• Cigarettes cause more than one in five American deaths.
• Among WHO Regions, the Western Pacific Region - which covers East Asia and the Pacific - has the highest smoking rate, with nearly two-thirds of men smoking.
• About one in three cigarettes are consumed in the Western Pacific Region.
• The tobacco market is controlled by just a few corporations - namely American, British and Japanese multinational conglomerates.
• Among young teens (aged 13 to 15), about one in five smokes worldwide.
• Between 80,000 and 100,000 children worldwide start smoking every day - roughly half of whom live in Asia.
• Evidence shows that around 50% of those who start smoking in adolescent years go on to smoke for 15 to 20 years.
• Peer-reviewed studies show teenagers are heavily influenced by tobacco advertising.
• About a quarter of youth alive in the Western Pacific Region will die from smoking.